TEDxLakhotaLake is looking for thought-leaders, innovators, artists, change-makers across all domains of human endeavour who want to share their vision and ideas; Our speakers are those who imagine the impossible and have the audacity to challenge status quo. We seek story-tellers and presenters who can argue for ideas which can inspire humanity. At TEDxLakhotaLake, we search year-round for presenters who will inform and inspire, surprise and delight. Our presenters run some of the most admired companies and design its best-loved products; they invent world-changing devices and create ground-breaking media. They are trusted voices and convention-breaking mavericks, icons and geniuses.
We look for – BIG ideas, human stories, talks that will marvel, teach, provoke action, make one reflect, entertain, cry or bring change & impact in society!
Must Read: For anyone who has ever been inspired by a TED Talk… this is an insider’s guide to creating talks that are unforgettable.
Note: It is not necessary that you personally know the speaker that you want to nominate, however, we would request you to provide us with comprehensive information about the speaker which would help us better to know the person.
Theme 2019: THE BIG PICTURE
Do you wish to nominate someone? Click here to fill the Nomination Form.
Do read the following before filing the nomination:
TEDxLakhotaLake isn’t a typical conference. The TEDx audience has high expectations of the speakers; the TEDx speaker team works with speakers well in advance of the conference to help shape a presentation that will succeed on the TEDx stage. TEDxLakhotaLake is the place to give the talk of your life.
Speakers will be required to work with our curation team and rehearse 2 months before the date of the talk. We would also require the speaker to be available to our conference, media, press & curation teams 1-2 days prior to the event date for multiple events and rehearsal schedules.
TEDxLakhotaLake Alumni and board of advisors help shortlist nominated speakers each year. We select speakers with relevant and impactful ideas.
If you are selected:
We would reach out to you and setup a call or in person meeting with you to help discuss, research, curate & prepare your talk.
Can I speak at TEDx by becoming a sponsor?
No. Read more about partnering with TEDxLakhotaLake. Sponsoring TEDxLakhotaLake has many benefits, but a guaranteed speaking slot is not one of them.
Do you have keynotes or panels?
At TEDx, everyone hears every presentation; there are no breakout sessions or tracks, no keynotes, and very rarely are there panels (though we have had debates).
The TED Commandments
These are the official guidelines from TED on how to prepare your talk. Chew them over one at a time and let them sit with you until each one triggers new ideas. These tips are given to all TED Conference and TEDx speakers as they prepare their TEDTalks. They will help speakers craft talks that will have a profound impact on your audience.
- Dream Big. Strive to create the best talk you have ever given. Reveal something new/never seen before. Do something the audience will remember forever. Share an idea that could change the world.
- Show us the real you. Share your passions, your dreams … and also your fears. Be vulnerable. Speak of failure as well as success.
- Make the complex plain. Don’t try to dazzle intellectually. Don’t speak in abstractions. Explain! Give examples. Tell stories. Be specific.
- Connect with people’s emotions. Make us laugh! Make us cry!
- Don’t flaunt your ego. Don’t boast. It’s the surest way to switch everyone off.
- No selling from the stage! Unless we have specifically asked you to, do not talk about your company or organization. And don’t even think about pitching your products or services or asking for funding from stage.
- Don’t read your talk.
- End your talk on time. Doing otherwise is to steal time from the people that follow you. We won’t allow it.
- Rehearse your talk in front of a trusted friend … for timing, for clarity, for impact.